Subhead

In 2006, Scott and I moved to New Hampshire. But as time passed, our family grew. In 2010, we welcomed our son Jesse. Our little Lady Becca graced us in 2013.

With our lives happening at least 700 miles away from family and life-long friends, we love for you to follow along with us as our little ones grow.


Sunday, October 27, 2013

Letting go

Ever since having kids and returning to work, I have been advised over and over again that the key to surviving is to learn to let go.  For those of you that know me well, you know that this is not an easy task for me.

I am over 18 months behind on the blog. Coincidentally, this timeframe gap matches that of the timeframe when work just got unbelievably busy.  I have made many attempts to try and accurately depict this gap.  Unfortunately, none were successful in completely closing the gap.  My last hurrah was prior to Becca's birth. I made some jumps, but it just didn't happen. 

I have been struggling for a while with this issue.  You see, for me, this blog is my children's baby books.  Don't get me wrong, I have a formal baby book for each of them.  It gets pulled out every year or so and a few more items are jotted down.  And there is a shoebox full of pictures and items to be added to it, eventually.  But this blog is where I have detailed our lives, with pictures and details.  So for me to just omit a period of  time, is really really hard.

However, I see things happening every day that I want to document and remember.  Since I have already learned that 'catching up' is almost impossible, that means leave a gap or don't blog at all with Becca.

I  am trying to focus on the big picture here.  I plan to print the blog into a book for the kids. Kinda like the day to day baby book.  Therefore, the middle of May 2012 through August 2013, sorry, but you are being omitted.  Stay tuned for lots of new pics of both Jesse and Becca. Guess that means I need to rename the blog too, as there are now four instead of three...

1 comment:

  1. We say how busy life is...and here I am reading your updated blog from October. We miss you so much! Becca is a beautiful little girl, and Jesse is full of joy! Once life slows down we can get back into the groove of things, right??? Or, maybe this is how it goes! The paths we have chosen have taken us in different directions but with our faithful friendship we will make it forever. You are amazing at what you continue to do day in and day out! It is all worth it! Just want you to know we love and miss you so much!! Enjoy those little ones!

    ReplyDelete