On January 31st, I had to make another trip to Chicago for work. Scott and Jesse joined me for this visit, to go see Grandpa and Grandma in Wisconsin.
Pearson has an office north of Chicago, in Glenview, Illinois. My immediate team is located there and as of last year, my immediate report is located there as well. Therefore, I have to make visits to Chicago every six weeks now.
An added perk of these visits is that Grandpa and Grandma Heaton live just north of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They are about 1 hour and 45 minutes north of my office. Therefore, in an effort of making lemonade out of lemons, we try to visit them as often as possible since I am already traveling.
On this trip, we flew out on Tuesday morning and stayed the weekend. Whenever I fly with Scott and Jesse for this trip, I always leave plenty of extra time. However, on this visit, I didn't do so swell. We hit snow in New Hampshire, which caused us to get caught in rush hour traffic in Boston. After some frantic running through the airport and a very understanding husband as I am snapping 'I can't miss this plane. I have meetings all day', we safely made the flight. (Thank you Scott for being soo understanding!)
I stay in Glenview during the week and go up to Wisconsin on the weekend. However, on this trip, I got a call on Thursday night stating that Jesse was running a fever and not feeling well. By the time I joined them on Friday, it was apparent that Jesse had gotten Hand Foot and Mouth Disease.
That Friday evening was one of the most miserable evenings I have had, as Jesse never slept more than 30 minutes all night. He was not feeling well and couldn't sleep. The only way he wasn't screaming in frustration/pain was when we were driving. We went through almost a full tank of gas that evening.
He had gotten Hand Foot and Mouth from Emma. She had gotten it from Carson at daycare. We later learned that Carson was a busy little boy, as he was traced back to being the source of the disease for many many people, both kids and adults. A dental office even needed to be closed because of it.
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for all of your help with a sick little boy! We enjoyed the visit, even though JT didn't feel well near the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment